Saturday, January 29, 2011

Nail Polish Strips

The best things ever created!  I'm absolutely horrible at doing my own manicures.  I always smudge my nails first things first.  Even after I try so hard to not hit anything and just sit completely still (I normally do my nails while watching a movie) I always end up smudging them. I also can't help but check if they're dry and I always get my fingerprints on them.  Not only that, but 9/10 I do my nails before bed and when I wake up in the morning they're chipped and smudged.  You'd think I'd learn, but no.  So this new product is really my new best friend.  




I also don't get it all over my hand.  It's really super convenient, and it's about 10 dollars. I love the colors it comes in, though this one is a little bright for my taste right now for the season.  I would have preferred something a little more muted.  Looking at it in the store, it didn't seem as bright, but after seeing them in the mirror at work today I definitely had an "Holy Crap!  That's how bright my nails are?!" 

They're actually very easy to do, but they're very delicate, so if you pull too hard, they will rip.  But if you go slow, it works out well.  I think it took me about an hour to do mine, that includes reading the instructions, prepping my nails, and putting on the strips.  I hope they come out with more colors, because I think I will never buy nail polish again!  They also have fun patterns, I bought lace as well but haven't used it yet.

Anyway, it comes with a cuticle stick, a mini two sided file, the strips, and instructions.  The instructions are pretty straight forward, it's not rocket science.

There's a smoother on the other side of the file, the light pink is to gently file away the excess strip, and the hot pink is to shape the nail before the strip goes on.

A close up of the strips.


There's a clear protective strip over the actual strip which you peel off first, then the backing.  It's just like a sticker, but if you stick it and don't like where it is, it's easy to gently peel off.  

The real test for them for me was surviving the night and my day at work.  I work retail, I really only fold clothes, but I'm always ripping my nails, or they're getting caught on a stray thread or something, so my nail polish always gets chipped and my nails are always horrible.  They put up a very good fight!  I woke up this morning and they were still perfect, they also survived just fine in the shower.  

One finger is noticeably chipped.  I don't blame it on the quality of the product at all.  I'm very rough on my manicures, and I always have been. I'm actually honestly surprised that they haven't peeled off yet, it always happens to me.  I'm really happy that it hasn't.  I really feel like I spent my money well.  I'm excited to see how long these last.  The box boasts 10 days.  I'm not sure about that, but I'll be very pleased if it is.  I also have the lace ones, and I'm excited to use those.

They're super convenient, and there's no waiting for anything to dry.




No comments:

Post a Comment