Wednesday, January 26, 2011

First Attempt

So my first attempt at making macarons didn't work out so well.  I got everything sifted and beat the egg whites until they were all foamy and then added in the sugar but as soon as the sugar went in it went pfft from there.  Instead of getting peaks I got soup!



I restarted from there, not everything, but just that part and asked my mum to do it. :3  She did it perfectly!  I added in the color and they're pink. I used almond meal so it gives it an almondy taste, so I'm going to put nutella in it.  Yummmmm.


These are my shells.  I think it's pretty good for a first time.  Next time I think I'm going to double layer with parchment paper and mark up the bottom one so I can see how much I should fill.  I'm also going to go buy a proper tip.  I did it without a tip, and it worked, but I wasn't very good at controlling how much of it came out of the bag.  I wanna say that I'm proud of how I did it so far.  I've heard that macarons are very hard to make because they're so sensitive!  I'm very excited I was somewhat successful.  I just need a little more planning


They're kind of ugly, but I'm so proud of them and they taste so good.  I had enough for 10 macarons. but I ate one and my brother ate one and my stepdad had one.  They both said it was good too!  So this was a first try, yay!  I want to eventually get good enough that I can do different flavors and colors.  We'll see how it goes!




No comments:

Post a Comment