Friday, May 25, 2012

Avengers + Update + [REVIEW] Zoya Maisie

Happy Thursday! I finally saw the Avengers last week after attempting to see it twice before! The theatre kept having issues so finally the second time they issued me a readmission, I went to a different theatre and finally got to see it all the way through. Third time's the charm! I was never a fan of comics when I was younger, aside from reading a few issues of the XMen, but I love super hero movies. The Avengers was awesome and of course there's an amazing cast! I agree with what everyone is saying. Robert Downey Jr. isn't playing Tony Stark, Tony Stark is playing Robert Downey Jr.! He's so like Tony Stark; it's great. And Tony is my favourite so.... Everyone was amazing though. Especially Tom Hiddleston and Jeremy Renner. When I got home I spent the rest of last week watching some of the other Marvel movies: Thor, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Fantastic Four, Fantastic Four 2, and Captain America, then flailing in excitement at the end when Agent Coulson would show up to each hero.

I'm starting to run out of things to do! I've been looking for a job (to no avail) and I've been home for three weeks. My stepdad is starting to get impatient that I'm home all day, and he asks every night at dinner, "Have you found a job yet?". Nobody is hiring now! It's off season. So i've been spending my time spiking and studding and sewing bows.
The case appeared on my Etsy and was there for only a day before it sold! It was so exciting. I haven't gotten feedback from my customer yet, though it's been confirmed delivered so I hope he liked it!

I also have plans to sew a red velvet circle skirt and a red velvet dress. Inspired by my need for a red velvet dress after seeing a similar dress on Metallic Paws.

I've also recently bought two new pairs of circle lenses. A pair of Princess Mimi Apple Greens and a Sesame Gray to replace the ones I had to retire last month, so be on the lookout for a review of the apple greens!

And that's an update on my boring, no fun life! Review under the cut~


This is my first ever Fleck topcoat. I've heard a lot of good things about them, and a friend of mine is in love with them. On her recommendation I decided to get one. A fleck is so difficult to get a good picture of to display the flecks of colour in it. Though you can see a bit of shine in this photo!


What Zoya has to say:
Zoya Nail Polish in Maisie can be best described as a sheer turquoise blue base with reflective Mylar flakes that shift from green to blue? A fun flake glitter topcoat that can be layered over any shade to create a fascinating 3D effect.
Colour Family Blues
Colour Finish 3D Mylar Holographic Flakes
Colour Intensity 1 ( 1=Sheer - 5=Opaque )
Colour Tone Cool & Warm
I put it over Dovima after seeing a photo on tumblr of a matte black colour with a fleck on top. I want to get a matte fleck, but I think it looks pretty good!
It's very sheer. Which makes sense, of course, it's a top coat! So far I've only layered it over a couple of colours, but I would like to experiment some more, and see how it looks on other all the ones I have! I've had a couple of compliments on it already, and to be honest, I myself have found myself distracted at one point by how it reflects in the sun! I really have no complaints about it. It's like your basic topcoat glitter, with just a bit more shine to it. I want to get the other colours in the spring collection. A pink and a green! Hopefully Zoya will have another good promotion soon!

You can buy Maisie here: Zoya

3 comments:

  1. Ah yeah, I'm still looking!  No luck so far~ :[ 

    The case is my favourite!  I've ordered another one so I can make one to keep for myself haha It's actually really comfortable!  The spikes aren't too sharp.  Fits so nicely in my hand :3 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love zoya!! I have been waiting to try Maisie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should! Maisie is great.  I use it a lot more often than I thought I would! 

    ReplyDelete