Monday, April 9, 2012

[REVIEW] Zoya Dovima

Matte colours are my favourite at the moment. Right now, I only have two (Veruschka and Dovima), but I definitely plan to add more. Right now though, Zoya only has super bright, neon colours, which personally aren't for me, I feel.

I've been trying to rotate through colours so I wear all of my new ones at least once, but I keep coming back to Dovima (and Veruschka).


What Zoya has to say:
Zoya Nail Polish in Dovima can be best described as: Smoky charcoal-black with strong silver shimmer and a velvety matte finish. This shine-free black is the must have shade for fall.
Colour Family Blacks
Finish Metallic
Intensity 5 ( 1=Sheer - 5=Opaque )
Tone Cool
Original Collection MatteVelvet
I like Dovima. A lot. I do somewhat disagree with their statement that it's shine-free. It does have a bit of a shine, in the light, but it's not glossy. That would be the silver shimmer at work. I love the matte colours because I've found they dry a lot faster. By the time I've finished my first coat on all nails, the first nails I've done are already dry enough for a second coat. Two coats is all it takes for me to get even coverage and a solid charcoal colour.


The only thing I dislike about the matte colours is they chip and show wear easily. Fortunately, I haven't experienced that with their other lacquers. Being a matte/velvet formula, it kind of defeats the purpose to use a topcoat. Though I have heard that there are matte topcoats somewhere out there? Anyway, no topcoat makes for easy wear and chip. I'm OK with that though. I'll sacrifice having to reapply, especially because it dries so quickly, for a cool, matte look.

You can buy Dovima here: Zoya

No comments:

Post a Comment