Sunday, March 27, 2011

Review: Hello Kitty Apple Cheeks in Cherry Blossom

So I've never used a cream blusher before.  I've actually just recently started using blusher.  I've always been a bit afraid of it, because I didn't know how to use it.  For the longest time, I only used eye make up, but after following so many Gal inspired blogs, and make up blogs, I decided to brave it, using tutorials I found, and I like the way it looks, and think I do an ok job of it.  Of course, practice will make perfect, and as I get more comfortable I'll maybe be a bit more daring (Candy Doll Carrot Orange, maybe?) but for now, I'll stick with pale pinks.

Anyway, so I went and bought a cream blusher.  I really liked the color and of course, it's from the Hello Kitty line at Sephora. (I really do love Hello Kitty)

I love the packaging.  It's all silver.  The top of the box also has a sticker to seal it, that has her little bow and the color name.  You can kind of see it in this picture. VVVVV
Anyway, so it comes in a little white tube with silver detailing.  The packaging really is the cutest, I love the whole line.

Anyway, the color looks super bright on the stick, but it's really not as bright on the skin.  On me at least.

It twists up like lipstick.  I honestly don't know if that's how most cream blushers are, but it's really convenient, there's really no need to use a brush unless to blend, but I just used my fingers.
Anyway, swatches.
The top is blended and the bottom is not.
I definitely prefer it blended, but I have yet to use actually that much.  When I put it on, you could only kind of see it.  It wasn't as bold as that.

I'm still learning how to use it though, so at some point in the future, I'll post photos of me actually wearing it.  I'm still not sure if I'm doing it right. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Overall:
Packaging (Design): 10/10
Packaging (Use): 10/10
Color: 10/10
Coverage: 10/10

I have no complaints about it, and it's easy to build on, if you don't like it sheer.
You can buy it here: Sephora

No comments:

Post a Comment