Tuesday, March 27, 2012

[REVIEW] Nyx Pastel Set

So like I said in my last post, Hautelook had a sale on Nyx Cosmetics, so I picked up a couple of sets and some liners! I love the colours in the pastel set. Purple, Green, Blue, and a Pinky/Beige. They're quite sheer, but that's what I'd like to be wearing for Spring! Soft, sheer colours.

Left to Right: Lilac Pearl, Baby Blue, Pearl, Lime Pearl
Xtreme lip creme in Nude Peach Fuzz

Swatched Left to Right:
Lilac Pearl, Baby Blue, Pearl, Lime Pearl

Product Detail:
For those who like their eye shadow to have a pearlescent, iridescent finish, this is the eye color for you. Each of these zinging 18 shades evokes Studio 54 glamour. Wear them on their own, or use as a highlighter with matte shades. It’s easy to glimmer in this shimmer.

The eye colours are my favourite. They're nice and sheer, not overwhelmingly bright. They go on smooth. They are very shimmery though, so I did notice some fallout from the glitter. Other than that, after a quick clean up, it didn't budge until I rubbed at it with a make up cloth.

Xtreme lip creme in Nude Peach Fuzz

Product Detail:
Beautify your lips with this velvety rich lip cream that provides extreme pigmentation with a silky and glossy finish. This lip cream is a hybrid of lipstick, lip gloss, and lip stain with intense pigmentation all in one. Complete your head-turning look with the Xtreme Lip Cream in any of the 11 luscious colours.
I don't like the lip colour that came with it. It's a peachy colour that, in my opinion, doesn't look good with my skin tone. As you can see in the swatch, it's quite thick looking. It felt thick and dry on my lips, which I find strange for a gloss. On the plus side, it wasn't sticky at all! I couldn't leave it on though. I took it off as soon as I could. I don't see myself ever wearing it if I'm completely honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment