Friday, July 8, 2011

Drowning in School!

There's so much going on!  I'm so far behind on reading and commenting on blog posts, because school has started!
see! notes!  Those are song lyrics and titles, by the way!  They're from Creature Feature's album 'Greatest Show Unearthed'
My whole Contemporary Lit. class is all about apocalyptic, destruction and death in literature, focusing on post-war novels and films.  Definitely didn't know what I was getting myself into.  Definitely a depressing class.




Anyway, my classes are literature classes.  Modern Short Prose, which I've already had to write a 3 page paper for, and Contemporary Literature.  
So far I've read a bunch of James Joyce, Anton Chekhov, Joseph Heller's Catch-22, and Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man.  Catch-22 has to be the most confusing story I've ever read in my life.  It was so random, and on our quiz I did really bad!  70/100 ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ OTL.  But my professor is going to drop 2 quizzes now, because a lot of people did bad on it.  Yay, my 100 stays.  Getting a 70 on that quiz dropped my grade down to an 85!  No me gusta.

13 books total! One isn't here yet~

Anyway, so I've been super far behind.  I've been spending almost no time online, because these are summer courses, so we're doing a 17 week course in...6 weeks?  Whole books read in two days OTL what have I gotten myself into?
I was up until 4-5am this morning trying to finish a paper for my Modern Short Prose class.

i'm definitely feeling the pressure, because I want to go out and get a job, but I feel like I won't have any time to study if I work!  I've also got a trip to New York planned the second week of August, and I feel like it will be well deserved.

I've put myself under ridiculous pressure with these two lit classes and my expectations of myself to get as close to a 4.0 as possible.  That's my best chance at getting to do student exchange in Korea!

Sorry for so much text!  No one likes to read ridiculous amounts of text. ㅠㅠㅠㅠ I'll make up for it with some pictures.  I've been really torn.  I want to dye my hair two-tone so bad!  I think it looks so cute~





But unfortunately, it will make it incredibly difficult to find a job.  Decisions, decisions.

I've also bought a large bottle of BB Cream, to replace my small container, that I am almost out of.  So hopefully (even though I've said it before), a review of it will be up super soon.  I wanted to do my Dollywink Liner as well, but I need to buy a new one!


No comments:

Post a Comment