Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Review: Palty Milk Tea Brown and long overdue update!

Ahhh, so frustrating.  I had this whole blog post written out, but I erased it by accident. ㅠ.ㅠ 아이고~ so horrible. [I'm learning my Korean, so I'm practicing too!]

Anyway, so not too long ago, I got sick of having dark hair.  I've had dark hair for at least a year now, and I think that's the longest I've gone with just one hair color.  I had a gift card that I've been waiting to spend, so I decided to buy some hair dye.  I've heard good things about Palty, and because my hair is such a pain to dye, I thought that it would work, especially because it's meant to be used on Asian hair, which when virgin is black.  Perfect dye for me, in my opinion.

Anyway, onto the product.

I bought two boxes because my hair is long and thick.  As it is, two boxes barely covered, so if your hair is long and thick, (mine is about to the bottom of my shoulder blades) I would consider getting three, just to be on the safe side.
Though it shows you that having your hair black will take you to a dark brown, when I dyed my hair, I went from that dark brown color in the first heart to the medium brown in the second.  It also brought out some of my natural reds and gave me more of an auburn.  At least that's how it looks to me!
The contents of the box are the dye, developer, comb, gloves, conditioner, and instructions.  The instructions are of course in Japanese, so I got a translation from Soompi.

I left it on for about 40 minutes, and I got the result I was looking for.  Use your judgement though!  I know the resilience of my own hair, so leaving the dye on for a longer period of time wasn't going to damage me all that much! The dye also didn't smell that bad.  Normally hair dyes are absolutely horrible, but this one, not so bad at all!  It did still have that hair dye smell, but it wasn't overpowering.

Anyway~  I went from
this dark color 
to

This lighter brown.  I think I might even lighten up a bit more!  But for now I'm ridiculously happy about it.

The Palty dye definitely did what it was supposed to.  I didn't have to use any bleach at all, which I'm happy about, because I probably would have destroyed my hair and have to have it fixed.

Packaging: 8/10
Scent: 9/10
Dye: 10/10 (definitely did its job!)
overall: 9/10

I'll definitely be using it my next dye job, too~  Normally my hair is very difficult, and I have to dye it twice for the color to take.  This time, I didn't!  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now onto other things
My sister's birthday was this passed Friday! [which is where that picture up in the review is from!] 

We went for dinner at this place called Guanabanas in Jupiter.  The food was OK, I've definitely had better, and the waitress tried to sneak her way into an extra $50 in tips [there were 13 of us] but it was fun.  I got to spend a lot of time with my sister and her coworkers, and her friend brought her little sister who is a couple of months younger than me~  And we're into the same types of fashion and video games.  It was a lot of fun!

Dinner was nice, and my sister got so drunk! It was a lot of fun.
For her birthday, I promised her we could get matching tattoos, so I took her out on the 17th and we went to my artist.  

Mine is on the left, and hers is on the right. Hers has a thin blue line through the heart.  She's a police officer, and that's the symbol that means the most to them.  The thin blue line.  It has a lot of interpretations, but the one I like the most is the one she told me.  The thin blue line is all the LEOs still currently alive and working to prevent crime, and the black lines that it's between are all the fallen LEOs.
This is the thin blue line, if you've never seen it before!


This is a better picture of my tattoo.  This is the next day, and I still have excess ink on my skin!  It's been a week now and it's healing very well!  I can't wait until it's completely healed and I don't have to keep putting this ointment on!  Just the feel of it makes me cringe ><
That's about it!  I don't think there's much else to talk about~
Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment