Thursday, August 9, 2012

[REVIEW] L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream in Fair

I have mixed feelings about BB Creams being available in drug stores. Is it being snobbish to want to completely ignore them and refuse them? I read the two reviews on the brand website and side-eyed the reviewers hardcore. One of them saying they don't see how Korean BB Cream could be better than this! Side-eying so hard. It seems like they just don't have the same benefits or ingredients as the BB Creams that I import. But hey, I could be wrong!

I was somewhat excited when I saw this in the store, and decided I wanted to try it. I had seen the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream and swatched it in my hand, and it was so sheer it's like I didn't use any product! Not only that, but the lightest colour was still darker than my skin-tone. No good.

I think the product has a good idea.
Meet the Magic all-in-one Skin Beautifier for a perfect natural finish. This multi-tasking beautifying cream delivers multiple beautifying actions: hydrates, corrects, evens and perfects. It's ultra lightweight and blends in seamlessly for a perfect natural finish. Available in 4 skin-transforming shades.

This multi-tasking cream micro-infuses skin with continuous and complete care. Offers 24-hour hydration and skin-nourishing antioxidant vitamin E. Micro-encapsulated pigments self-adjust to skin to unify skin tone and blend invisibly.

The micro-encapsulated pigments really made me want to try this. I've never had a self-adjusting pigment in my makeup before so this was a big draw for me. Honestly, I just liked swatching this to watch the cream blend.

The BB Cream comes out of the tube white with little purple beads. Those are the micro-encapsulated pigments. As you begin to blend it in, you can notice the change as it changes from white to your skin tone.

On my hand the colour blended and seemed to even my skin tone. The texture is not thick at all, and you can feel the small beads as you blend it.

When I applied this BB Cream to my face, it turned me yellow! I don't have pictures of it, I just couldn't get it off fast enough. At first I thought it was the fluorescent lighting in my bathroom that made my face look yellow, so I went to ask my mum and she took me outside so she could get a look in better lighting, and she thought I was sick! I couldn't get it off of my face fast enough.

Summary:
Texture
Not thin, yet not thick. It's somewhere in between. It's not sticky, which is great. It reminds me of the consistency of lotion, I guess.

Coverage
The coverage was very disappointing. On my hand it seemed like it would cover and even well, but once I put it on my face, it was very sheer. I could still see the spots I have, and there was no reduction to the redness of them. They were still very noticeable. There's also the fact that it made me look yellow.

Scent
I didn't notice a scent with this cream. So that's a plus I suppose!

Benefits
I can't really think of any benefits to this. I don't think it has any SPF, and as far as I'm aware, it lacks all the ingredients that make BB Cream what it is.

Overall
I give it a 2/10, mostly because it's unscented. For all intents and purposes, this is literally just a tinted moisturiser. If even that, with just the name BB Cream slapped on to profit off of the new "BB Craze". I absolutely would not recommend this to anyone. There was no coverage at all, and it made my skin look yellow. The best thing about it, is that it's unscented. I've actually returned it to the store. Waste of money.

I want to buy the Skin79 sample pack that has the four mini BB Creams. I'm also interested in trying the Liole Water Drops. That BB Cream looks awesome, and I've read good things about Liole.

No comments:

Post a Comment